The Alaska Humanities Forum is currently seeking nominations for the 2012 Governor’s Awards for the Arts & Humanities. The postmark deadline for nominations is September 3.
These annual awards honor the contributions of individuals and groups that enrich the civic, intellectual, and cultural life of all Alaskans through the wisdom and techniques of the humanities.
Criteria may include:
- Impact in furthering/advocating for the humanities in Alaska;
- Excellence in achievement in a field of study, area of research, or humanities project;
- Life-, group-, or institution-long commitment to the humanities in the state;
- Innovation in the wisdom and methods of the humanities;
- Leadership in expanding understanding and appreciation of the humanities in the state;
- Representing the best of the humanities in Alaska to the rest of the nation and the world.
The 2012 awards will be presented at the Captain Cook Hotel in Anchorage on Thursday, Oct. 18. Award recipients will be selected by the Alaska State Council on the Arts, the Alaska Humanities Forum and the Office of the Governor, based on nominees submitted by the public.
Click on the link below to download a nomination form in Microsoft Word format.
For a PDF version of the form, click the link below.
For more information, contact Larry Campbell at email@example.com or 907-272-5324.